The Town of Blind River is a friendly town located on the shores of The North Channel, which is part of Lake Huron. Located approximately half way between Sault Ste. Marie and Sudbury along Highway 17, Blind River has excellent recreational facilities, as well as English and French speaking high schools. Click here to visit the Town of Blind River web site!
20 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN THE BLIND RIVER BEAVERS !
The Blind River Beavers feel that we have much to offer a prospective player aspiring to reach his goals. The opportunity to play in a small community should not be understated. Education and hockey will be the major ingredients in helping you reach those goals. We believe that we can provide you with a well-rounded experience in an environment that will help you achieve your goals. Here are the following reasons:
1. We have a professional coaching staff with a WINNING ATTITUDE!
2. Our past connections to American schools for scholarships can be helpful if you decide to advance your education.
3. Players are billeted in Blind River depending upon billet availability.
4. Players are able to attend College and University courses in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan or Canada.
5. We have cookies.
6. We are a caring organization which focuses on the player's health, development and well being.
7. We have a state of the art facility (Blind River Community Center) with seating for 1000 people.
8. The team has its own modern dressing room which includes a dress down area, equipment room, laundry room and 26 personal player stalls.
9. The team supplies helmets, pants, team sweaters and gloves.
10. Our billet families are screened and supervised by the team Billet Captain.
11. We can assist you with your educational needs such as access to local schools. Bursary money may be available as well.
12. Volunteer Community Involvement - assisting in local elementary school breakfast clubs and local Minor Hockey teams during their practices. This looks good on your school applications!
13. The League has a 48 game season with all teams in the playoffs.
14. We have regularly scheduled practice time twice a week (Tuesday and Thursday) with some Wednesday games on the road. Home Games are scheduled for Saturday nights at 7:30 pm with some Sunday afternoon games.
15. The team is a Community Not-For-Profit Organization with support from the Town of Blind River.
16. We have both Player and Coaching Staff Policies in place.
17. Our fans are the best! We have an average attendance of 400 people per game.
18. Beavers players are regarded as local heros in town and regularly asked for autographs by the younger players and fans.
19. Players are scouted by Central Scouting, Out-of-League and USA Hockey.
20. We host an annual banquet at the end of the year to thank our players for a great season.